Friday, September 23, 2011

"Give 'em Hell and Don't Trip"

Don't you love my final blog title? It is not really my final blog. It is just my final blog under this name. Soon, very soon! I will be changing the title of my blog. Stay tuned...




I will make this very short and sweet because I have to pack, do one last sprint session on the bike, tan, shower, blah, blah, blah, and head my tired and hungry butt down to San Antonio to strut my stuff. The title came to me from a friend I knew at Texas A&M (can I get a whoop!?!) and Cadence pretty much summed it up in a perfectly eloquent little Facebook comment...




"I would say good luck with your competition but you don't need 'luck' when you've literally worked your ass off. Luck isn't for you. :) So I'll just say give 'em hell and don't trip."












Damn. Words could not be truer. She really summed it up. It is hard to wish someone luck when luck has nothing to do with this. I have put in countless hours of hard work and endless dedication. I have sweat. I have cried. I have RAGED! If I come home with a trophy, so be it. I have my trophies. I have my body that I have worked so hard for and I have the OVERWHELMING support of family and friends that leaves me awestruck. 






This has been an amazing journey and a tough one, too! I would not have it any other way. I am stronger and a lot more confident. I have truly worked my ass off and the one I have now looks pretty damn good.




So...nothing more to say...






















Time to go give 'em some hell.










"Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it." 













No comments:

Post a Comment