Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rage: Act II

Thought I had flown the coop, huh?

Not quite. My sanity, yes. Me? Nope. Still here. A little leaner. A lot busier! Big things have happened and major changes have kept me away from ranting on my lil' ol' blog.

For instance:

I moved.
Changed jobs. (Back to owning my own personal training/boot camp company. This is a GOOD change. Get ya some.)
Got a major opportunity that might put me traveling around the state of Texas weekly. Huge. Happy and thrilled.
Got over my rice cake addiction...


Yeah. Right. And now I love running, too? This is ME we're talking 'bout. I still shovel rice cakes like the stupid kid in my kindergarten class ate play-dough, under a desk when no one is looking. I am less than two weeks out, yet again, and true to form...


raging.

I am feeling better about myself going into this show, The Central Texas Showdown, so you'd think I would be Sweet Brandi? You know her. The one who downed a mojito in less than 4 minutes with her buddies after the last contest while consuming two bread baskets and half a pile of chips and salsa while being lovable and friendly. Hmmm. Maybe that had something to do with it. Sorry, friends and family. Did I just spell it out clearly? I do not love you like I love barbecue chicken pizza from Cheesecake Factory and Double Stuf Oreos. I mean, you're great and all. Very supportive. I just think my heart belongs to carbs. Carbs make me happy. Carbs make my day a little brighter. Carbs make me a better person and keep me from killing that man on the leg extension machine that keeps slamming the stack down. Seriously, dude? It is only like, 90 lbs. or something. I do that as a warm-up. Must you let it crash down and startle me out of my fasted cardio haze? I WILL come over there and bitch slap your ass until your teeth rattle. Twice.


So, there you have it. I feel better about the whole situation. I am learning my body. I am learning my diet and my reaction to certain foods and methods of training. Things are getting easier but the last two weeks are still tough. Mental focus is shot! Mood is awful. I am a complete terror. Business partner/sidekick and love thinks I am a complete she-devil and he treads lightly. Smart move, buddy. You're on my list for the pizza debacle last night. Better start sleeping with one eye open for the next ten days, Jerk.


Here we go. Ten more days and I am on a mission. Let's just hope I do not leave any bodies in the path behind me or at least pray that my mind is clear enough to remember to bury them well.




Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal:
my strength lies solely in my tenacity.
~ Louis Pasteur



3 comments:

  1. Just got off a work conference call and read this. Very interesting and informative. Writing can be both therapeutic in addition to being entertaining. As Paul Valery said "the best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up". Obviously you are wide awake and pursuing those dreams. Success = Vision, Strategy, Execution. In your pursuit of excellence, never forget to take time to enjoy yourself. From my experience, if you do not stop down every once in awhile, you will experience a Pyrrhic victory. That is a victory obtained at a great cost. In the meantime, continue to excel and propel yourself to great heights.
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dennis! Great advice :) I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so funny and amazing!--Chazz

    ReplyDelete